Attendance at PS/IS 268 Q is crucial to the success of your child’s education; therefore regular attendance is essential if your student is to take advantage of the many opportunities for learning.
- According to law, the only excused absences from school are: (a) illness, (b) death in the family, (c) religious observance, (d) weather emergency
- Steps to follow when absent from school: (a) Parent or guardian writes a letter giving the first and last name of student, Class/ homeroom, date, reason for, and days of absence. (b) Present the letter to your homeroom teacher upon returning to the school.
- A doctor’s note must accompany the parent’s note if the student has been absent three or more consecutive days and has received medical care.
- Students absent an excessive number of days will receive an “NC” (no credit) in their subject classes.
- Excessive absences will be investigated by the attendance officer, and may result in academic failure.
Please support your child’s education by making sure they are in attendance on time everyday.