Remote Learning Account information:
To keep students connected and meeting academic requirements when learning remotely, the DOE has created student accounts for every single New York City public school student, this account gives your student access to Google Classroom.
Please click on the link below to see instructions to activate the new student emails!
Free internet service available for remote learning!
1.Comcast • offering free public Wi-Fi for 60 Days to families who do not have a subscription already. • https://corporate.comcast.com/press/releases/internet-essentials-low-income-broadbandcoronavirus-pandemic
• 1-855-846-8376 for English / 1-855-765-6995 for Spanish.
2. Charter Communications/Spectrum • https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GOYGiB4FfMKTedrAQ7hrcqe3eVcPu8nh2V9sqDRRXA adband-and-wifi-for-60-days-for-new-K12-and-collegestudent-households-and-more
3. Altice USA • For households with K-12 and/or college students who may be displaced due to school closures and who do not a currently have home internet access, we are offering our Altice Advantage 30 Mbps broadband solution for free for 60 days to any new customer household within our footprint.
• https://www.alticeusa.com/news/articles/feature/corporate/altice-usa-brings-freebroadband-k-12-and-college-students-during-coronavirus-pandemic • 866-200-9522 to enroll in Optimum region
4. AT&T • AT&T is waiving data overage fees to all customers so that families and students can stay connected during the pandemic. The company is promising not to terminate the service of any customer over the next 60 days.
• AT&T will continue to offer internet access for qualifying limited income households at $10 a month through the Access from AT&T program. i. https://m.att.com/shopmobile/internet/access/ ii. 855.220.5211 – English / 855.220.5225 - Spanish
5. Verizon • Verizon said it will waive any late fees and not terminate any service for the next 60 days.
6. T-Mobile • ALL current T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile customers who have plans with data will have unlimited smartphone data for the next 60 days (excluding roaming).
• Providing T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile customers an additional 20GB of mobile hotspot and tethering service for the next 60 days – coming soon.
• Working with our Lifeline partners to provide customers extra free data up to 5GB of data per month over the next two months.
• Increasing the data allowance for free to schools and students using our EmpowerED digital learning programs to ensure each participant has access to at least 20GB of data per month for the next 60 days.
7. Sprint • Not terminating service if they are unable to pay their Sprint bill because of the coronavirus
• Waiving late fees incurred because of economic circumstances related to the pandemic.
Starting on Tuesday, customers with international long distance calling plans will receive complimentary international calling rates from the U.S. to countries defined by the CDC as Level 3.
By next Thursday:
● Customers with metered data plans will receive unlimited data per month for 60 days (a minimum of two bill cycles) at no extra cost.
● We will provide customers with an additional 20GB of mobile hotspot data per month for 60 days (a minimum of two bill cycles) at no extra cost.
Coming soon: Customers with mobile hotspot-capable handsets who don’t have mobile hotspot today will now get 20GB as well per month for 60 days (a minimum of two bill cycles) at no extra cost.
The 1 Million Project Foundation’s efforts to connect kids without home internet has become that much more important to schools, community leaders and district administrators as they grapple with ongoing educational challenges as schools are canceled.
Starting next Tuesday, we will be increasing the data allotment provided to students from 10GB to 20GB each month from now through June 30, 2020.
No Laptop? Kids can use Playstation or Xbox !
Parents did you know that your child can use his/her gaming system (Xbox/Playstation) to access the internet for online remote learning? Have your child go to the internet browser on their gaming system and type in : Google classroom & enter your classroom code!
Helpful tips for staying healthy by Nurse G.
PS/IS 268's ONLINE school spirit store! is now OPEN!!
Order your New school T-shirt NOW !!!
*New design for 2020!!*
Place your order by April 15th and save $1.00 off the purchase price!!
Click on link below!
Middle School Admission
High School Admission
Helpful Parent Guides
YWCA-SONYC AFTER SCHOOL
P.S./I.S. 268 Students performance of :
Cell Phone policy
Statement on Accessibility:
We are working to make this website easier to access for people with disabilities, and will follow the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0.
Should you need assistance with a particular page or document on our current site, please contact our schools Administration to request assistance.