1.Comcast • offering free public Wi-Fi for 60 Days to families who do not have a subscription already. • https://corporate.comcast.com/press/releases/internet-essentials-low-income-broadbandcoronavirus-pandemic
• 1-855-846-8376 for English / 1-855-765-6995 for Spanish.
2. Charter Communications/Spectrum • https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GOYGiB4FfMKTedrAQ7hrcqe3eVcPu8nh2V9sqDRRXA adband-and-wifi-for-60-days-for-new-K12-and-collegestudent-households-and-more
3. Altice USA • For households with K-12 and/or college students who may be displaced due to school closures and who do not a currently have home internet access, we are offering our Altice Advantage 30 Mbps broadband solution for free for 60 days to any new customer household within our footprint.
• https://www.alticeusa.com/news/articles/feature/corporate/altice-usa-brings-freebroadband-k-12-and-college-students-during-coronavirus-pandemic • 866-200-9522 to enroll in Optimum region
4. AT&T • AT&T is waiving data overage fees to all customers so that families and students can stay connected during the pandemic. The company is promising not to terminate the service of any customer over the next 60 days.
• AT&T will continue to offer internet access for qualifying limited income households at $10 a month through the Access from AT&T program. i. https://m.att.com/shopmobile/internet/access/ ii. 855.220.5211 – English / 855.220.5225 - Spanish
5. Verizon • Verizon said it will waive any late fees and not terminate any service for the next 60 days.
6. T-Mobile • ALL current T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile customers who have plans with data will have unlimited smartphone data for the next 60 days (excluding roaming).
• Providing T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile customers an additional 20GB of mobile hotspot and tethering service for the next 60 days – coming soon.
• Working with our Lifeline partners to provide customers extra free data up to 5GB of data per month over the next two months.
• Increasing the data allowance for free to schools and students using our EmpowerED digital learning programs to ensure each participant has access to at least 20GB of data per month for the next 60 days.
7. Sprint • Not terminating service if they are unable to pay their Sprint bill because of the coronavirus
• Waiving late fees incurred because of economic circumstances related to the pandemic.
Starting on Tuesday, customers with international long distance calling plans will receive complimentary international calling rates from the U.S. to countries defined by the CDC as Level 3.
By next Thursday:
● Customers with metered data plans will receive unlimited data per month for 60 days (a minimum of two bill cycles) at no extra cost.
● We will provide customers with an additional 20GB of mobile hotspot data per month for 60 days (a minimum of two bill cycles) at no extra cost.
Coming soon: Customers with mobile hotspot-capable handsets who don’t have mobile hotspot today will now get 20GB as well per month for 60 days (a minimum of two bill cycles) at no extra cost.
The 1 Million Project Foundation’s efforts to connect kids without home internet has become that much more important to schools, community leaders and district administrators as they grapple with ongoing educational challenges as schools are canceled.
Starting next Tuesday, we will be increasing the data allotment provided to students from 10GB to 20GB each month from now through June 30, 2020.